Friday, July 25, 2008

I lost 16pounds on the Summer Of Me Challenge

I am so happy that I met and actually exceeded my original goal. Last night, my parents and I took a drive into town and when they had ice cream, I had a bottle of Dasani water. I have been so motivated lately because I've been looking at pictures of me before the weight and pictures of me now and you can just see a change in my spirit. In current pictures I seem to be camera shy and afraid to smile. I have got to change that! Anyway, thanks to Christie O. for sponsoring the contest on her site becuase I don't think I would have been motivated in the beginning on my own. I needed a little shove to get me started moving in the right direction. I have already heard that she is going to continue the Fat Ticker Friday's and I'm happy about that. Now that mine is moving, I have more motivation and it's much easier for me to continue.



Weekly Weight Loss 4.6 pounds
Grand Total Weight Loss 16 pounds! (My goal was 15.6 so I still have at least 80 more pounds to go!)

I am so happy, I know I have a long way to go but I am going to continue working on my weight loss because I really do feel better.



If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Sassy Mama Bear said...

That is absolutely wonderful...I need to find that motivation as my overall weightloss goal is 135lbs. but I aim small and work at losing 20lbs at a time. I am coming off of 4 years of being physically ill, and now I have to train this old body to move again, and it has not been easy, but I promise to be stubborn. I am so happy for you.

Elisa said...

That's fantastic, congratulations! I'm wortking on losing weight too - I think I might join the next Challenge on Baby Tea Leaves. It's always nice to lose weight and make new friends along the way :-)

Petula Wright said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful. Maybe we can encourage each other... I haven't joined the weight loss thingy you have but I have been plugging away. I'm like you, I would love to love to be in front of the camera again! Good luck and keep up the good work!

Christie O. said...

wow!! dena, that's amazing!!! i can't even believe it! that is just simply awesome! you've done so great, i am so happy for you meeting and exceeding your goal!!

Darla @ UltraBeautyBoutique said...

Holy Moly! Good for you. I bow at your weightlossness.

The Mommy said...

Way to go!

SunEGrl said...

When you have as much to lose as I do, it is easier than it is for those of you who only have a few pounds. I did work really hard though, so I'm happy that this contest gave me the extra push that I needed.

Jaya said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Ginny said...

Wow that is great. I've got 5 - 10 lbs I want to lose & it doesn't seem to go anywhere. That is great you lost 16, great accomplishment!

Cindi ~ Moomettesgram said...

Wow, that's fantastic! We're starting WW at work on Monday, and I'm 20 lb (OMG) over my goal weight from last time! Thanks for the inspiration!