Thursday, March 26, 2009

I finally have birds

A couple of weeks ago, I put out a few birdfeeders with the hopes of attracting some pretty birds. Well, this week I finally got some birds but now I have also discovered that the squirrels are also getting to my birdseed. I can't afford to feed them this expensive food, so I've decided that I'm going to get some corn for them to munch on and then I will oil the shepherds hook so that they can't climb it. I don't want to take any chance that they will scare my birds away because today I noticed the most beautiful cardinal partaking of the feast. Birds are so peaceful to watch, I love it.

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Kimbers867 said...

Get a thistle feeder and some thistle to see what types of birds come visit you.

I live in Maryland and we have had gold finches for the past two weeks. We have also had a couple of red finches.

Our suet feeder has attracted a red head flicker (woodpecker).

Unfortunately, squirrels are little piggies.