Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lots of viruses lately

Has anyone noticed that there are a lot of viruses out there lately? I got one the other day when I dropped an Entrecard. I just don't get why people have to be so nasty that they put sites out there simply to hurt others. If anyone knows of an Entrecard group that I can join that has "safe" sites on it, please let me know. I love Entrecard, but I've learned to be very careful who I click on. Saturday I dropped a card and the site immediately downloaded a fake program on my computer to try to get me to download some antispy program. I immediately stopped what I was doing and started a virus scan. You can get a free anti virus download online. When I got finished with my scan, there were 12 items that needed to be removed and there were 3 trojan viruses. Antivirus software programs can identify and remove spyware, viruses, trojans, worms, and so much more. I don't know about you but I would also like to stop spam and phishing scams as well. I get over 100 emails a day, and I would guess that 35% or more is spam. When it comes to virus software, go with something reputable. Just because it's free doesn't mean it's no good. Some of the best virus software is free.

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: