Thursday, January 22, 2009

Florida Freeze of 2009

Here in Florida, we have had overwhelmingly cold temperatures that we are not quite used and to and quite honestly not sure how to handle. My home uses a well and I wasn't sure if I needed to do anything to protect it or if I should just leave it alone. I looked it up on the web, but really couldn't find anything that specifically answered my question. I opted to not do anything and hope for the best, and so far I have been lucky. My plants however, did not fare quite so well. I have some very tall tropical plants and unfortunately the freeze did get them although I really hoped that they were protected by the overhang from the house. Apparently it doesn't work that way when it comes to tropical plants. Oh well, I guess I will have to replant them in the Spring time. It's so sad though.

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: