Monday, November 17, 2008

I needed a break...

I'm so sorry to all of my bloggers who have followed me over the last few months. I haven't had many personal posts in the last month or so and I thought I needed to explain the reasons behind that. The last couple of months have been very busy at work and I unfortunately have no one to assist me. Not only am I responsible for the day to day management of the hotel but I am also responsible for sales and marketing as well as public relations. Unfortunately, the added responsibilities have really taken a toll on my personal and professional life. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that I was starting to go through what could almost be described as somewhat of a depression. I was disregarding my weight loss goals, stressing over unnecessary things, and I was extremely emotional. In this time, I went on the Boos Cruise and while I felt a little better on the boat the problems started again almost immediately after we were back on land. I think the big thing with the cruise is that I wasn't in contact with the hotel and therefore didn't have to think about it. After I returned, I immediately got back into the swing of things with multiple meetings on several days including meetings and events before and after work that sometimes lasted until 7:30pm. There have been quite a few 12 hour days after the last few weeks and I think that most of my problems have been caused by exhaustion. This week I don't have nearly as many things going on, but it is still stressful to me because at time I feel that my Assistant Manager is going to push me to the point of firing him. The problem with that is that he is a friend of my owner and while my owner is aware of the problems, he doesn't want to fire him because it will cause problems. In all my years of management, I have never had this situation and this guy really knows how to push my buttons. On several occasions recently, he has caused me more work because he is too lazy to complete a project correctly. I would not say that I am a perfectionist or a control freak but I do like things done correctly. He just doesn't get it and sometimes I just don't know what to do with him. I feel like more of a babysitter than a manager at this point. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on. I love blogging, but in the middle of all of this I was too emotional and too stressed to think about anything but getting through the day. This break has helped a little and I am now back on track with my diet, I've lost 7 pounds since the Boos Cruise. I've been working out daily and I actually have a crush. More about that later.

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: