Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm so happy to be home.

I just got home from Orlando about an hour ago and I am so tired. I drove over 550 miles yesterday between Jacksonville, Tallahasse and Orlando. The tradeshow was very successful and I met so many nice people. I also learned some very interesting things that are changing in the Hospitality Industry in the very near future. Apparently, all government agencies in the State of Florida are now required to only stay in hotels that are designated as Green Hotels by the Division of Environmental Protection. I am currently working to get my hotel up to speed on those requirements and will hopefully have my hotel ready within the next few months. I'm very excited to be a part of those changes and can't wait to be a part of the Green Hotels movement. Some of the many requirements that are required for Green Hotels are: low flow toilets and faucets, automatic flush toilets in commercial areas, towel reuse programs and linen reuse programs and much more(meaning that the guest has the option to have their towels and linens reused for the next day rather than having housekeeping change them out every day). I hope that in your travels you will be conscious of green hotels and keep this in mind when making future travel plans.

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: