Thursday, April 05, 2012

So sorry I've been gone, but I have babies!!

Well, as some of you know I was trying to get a baby through the foster care system and as of about 7 weeks ago I got two beautiful girls. It's been a challenge but I think I've adjusted as well as possible to the lack of sleep involved with having a baby. I'm not going to lie, the first couple of weeks were really rough, but even then I loved it because I was helping out these sweet little girls. Over the last few weeks, things have gotten so much easier. I've even ventured out on my own a couple of times although I try to keep my shopping with the girls down to a minimum. I still have issues getting the two year old to sleep about half of the time but the 9 month is a very sweet baby who goes to sleep well and now sleeps through most of the night. The first couple of weeks I was lucky if I was getting 3 hours of sleep a night but now I'm getting between 5 and 7 hours of sleep. While I'm not sure how long they will be with me, I'm extremely happy to have them here. If they have to go back to their family I will be ready to take on my next kiddos in my quest to bring some lucky kiddos home to their forever home. Needless to say, my house was turned upside down the minute that they walked in the door so I basically had to drop everything in order to survive. I'm so sorry to those of you who won contests and I will do my best to get those prizes out to you in the next couple of days. My goal is to have everything ready to go out by Monday. Thanks in advance for your patience and I hope that you will come back often as I slowly but surely get back to blogging. Be sure to check out the Giveaways section in the sidebar for the latest contest announcements.

Get Chitika | Premium

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed. Add to Technorati Favorites Pin It Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: