Sunday, March 22, 2009

Online Trade Shows

I've been to trade shows in the past and while I think the exposure is great, it can sometimes be very expensive and time consuming. I guess it was only a matter of time before someone came up with online trade shows, which is exactly what Fashion Peddler has done. They created an online fashion trade show where they can bring fashion designers and retail buyers together. They offer all the services that a traditional show can, but at a mere fraction of the price. Not only can they help designers stay well within their trade show budgets, but they will help retail buyers, especially small boutiques save a little money and a lot of time on their purchasing. I think this is a great idea, and I'm glad I found out about it. I'm wondering if there is an online hospitality tradeshow. That's what I'm going to find out now.

Tradeshows are a great form of advertising because it brings buyers and sellers together without the high pressure of direct sales or door to door sales. Sometimes it is more difficult to get an appointment with a client when they are in the office because they are too busy to be taken away from daily tasks. However, if they are already away from the office it seems that they have more time to focus on opportunities which is what makes a trade show a great thing.


Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: