Does any of this sound familiar?
1. You sat at the same desk for four years and worked for eight different managers.
2. Food left over from a banquet or meeting is your main staple diet.
3. You get really excited about a 2% pay increase.
4. You sit in a cubicle smaller than your bedroom closet.
5. You get a strange twitch in your right eye when people say the word wedding.
6. When you get married, it will be in the wilderness where rounds mean shots fired with a gun.
7. You smile and say 'good morning' to total strangers in the street.
8. It is dark on your drive to work and from.
9. Communication is something your group is having problems with.
10. You see a good looking person and you know it's a visitor/guest.
11. You forget what you look like in anything but a suit.
12. All the work you were hired to do gets done before 9 and after 5.
13. You're already late on an assignment you just received.
14. You're boss's favorite lines are... when you get a minute, in your spare time, and I have an opportunity for you.
15. 50% of the people in your company don't know what you do.
16. The other 50% of the people in your company don't care what you do.
17. Vacation is something you roll over to next year (if you're allowed).
18. Change is the normal.
19. Nepotism if encouraged.
20. Six months in considered to be substantial longevity.
21. You dial '9' before the number no matter where you are calling from.
22. When you're walking in public, you have to fight the urge to pick up scraps of paper and rubbish on the floor.
23. Your toilet paper at home is folded in a triangle on the first sheet.
24. You answer the phone at home with a "Hello this is..., how many I help you?"
25. You eat in hotel restaurants for fun.
26. You inspect your hotel room when traveling.
27. You call your spouse or partner your 'added value'.
28. You correct people when they use the word free, saying it's complimentary.
29. When friends visit you at home, they wonder why you always take them on a site tour.
30. You've been found rocking yourself in the employee bathroom during RFP season. (RFP season is a very stressful season where we have to get tons of paperwork and rates submitted to Fortune 500 companies)
Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.
If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full RSS feed.