Sunday, March 08, 2009

80's fashions are definitely back

Every time I go shopping, I notice more and more styles that were popular in the 80's. From the brightly colored and poufy prom dresses to the leggings and baby doll shirts, the 80's are back. I loved the 80's, and have actually had a couple of 80's parties in my day but I just can't get over the fact that in 2009, it all seems to be coming back.

Check out this picture of me and my friends at an 80's party a few years back. I was channeling the Ally Sheedy after-the-makeover look from Breakfast Club. Good times!



If they bring back the zippered jeans, I'm out of here. One of the things that I noticed recently is that even the accessories that were popular then are becoming fashionable again. Check out these Alex & Chloe Wayfarer Sunglasses, in a classic wayfarer style. Doesn't this bring back memories of the black Ray Bans and the ever popular white sunglasses. I will even go so far as to say that I had a pair of red sunglasses at one time. One of the accessories that I would love to see them bring back are the Swatch watches. Those were always so fun.

So, what was your favorite 80's fashion item?

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: