Friday, November 21, 2008

I love to tan

I love to go to the Tanning Bed! Yes I know it's not good for me, yes I know that sun causes cancer, but I truly love how tanning makes me feel. When I go in there I can completely relax for that 20 minutes. I usually fall asleep and wake up completely refreshed. The heat is great for my arthritis and it feels like my joints are melting after about 5 minutes in the bed. When I get out, I am no longer as stiff when I walk. My feet don't hurt as much, my back doesn't hurt as much, and I just feel so much more alive. I go to a salon here in Orange City, where they have some of the best Commercial Tanning Beds that money can buy. On average, I would say I go about 3 times a week but during the cold spells I go 4-5 times a week. I have already been 4 times this week and I will probably go again tonight. Other than the tan, you would never really know that I go to a tanning salon because my skin does not look leathery in any way. I use moisturizer every day and use an anti aging tanning lotion in the bed. I'm lucky because I have a naturally oily skin, so I think that has helped me avoid some of the skin problems associated with tanning. My moms aunt had really bad arthritis as well and had a home tanning bed that she used until she was in her 80's.

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Petula said...

I heard that tanning isn't good for you, but I understand what you mean about it making your joints feel good. Have you tried an electric blanket?

Sandi said...

ahhhh I miss it so much. I never did do that tanning bed thing all that often until around 2004. Then I was a regular. I am really pale and it's the only way I can tan. But in 2007 I got cancer...not sun or tanning related but now I am at a higher risk for other cancers so I gave it up. *SNIFFLE* I love the way tanning feels. The heat, the relaxing, a little music in the background. It was my alone time. I don't know if anything will ever be able to replace it!