Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas has come early this year?

Has anyone else noticed that Christmas decorations have shown up much earlier this year than in previous years? I noticed almost immediately after Halloween that Christmas lights were starting to go up. Well this week, I noticed that the local cities were decorating the streets and shopping centers were putting up their decorations. I think this is due in part because people are trying to jumpstart sales for the Holiday Season in order to generate revenue. The economy has gotten so bad that people are desperate for any amount of revenue that they can make at this point. One of the headlines today was that retailers were going to be offering sales earlier this year to get an advance on Black Friday revenues. I guess that's great for those of us who hate the last minute shopping and lines.

Did you also notice that there are only 4 Fridays in December this year? The last couple of years there have been 5 so that meant an extra payday for many people and unfortunately this year that is not the case. I don't know about you, but that extra payday really helped me out at Christmastime because I would always use it to buy my plane ticket and gifts for my family.

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: