Thursday, November 20, 2008

Buy Gifts That Relate To Hobbies

A couple of years ago I worked at a hotel where my Assistant was an avid pool enthusiast. She played on a league and also played just for fun. She was one of those people that always put a lot of thought into gifts that she gave others and would not just go to the mall to pick up whatever was on sale. I'm like that as well, I try to buy something for people that I think they will not only like but will actually use as well. One thing that I try to do is find out what their hobbies are and then buy something that pertains to that hobby. For example, for an avid bowler I would buy a bowling bag or something else related to the sport. For someone who is interested in billiards, I would buy a Pool Cue or case. I think that by buying something that they can use it shows that I care enough to listen to what they like. So this year when you are thinking about buying gifts for the Holidays, think about things that they might use on a regular basis or something that they might have mentioned over the course of the year. This is where it pays to be a good listener. My executive housekeeper has always wanted to take a class on how to do the towel animals and different towel displays. When I went on my cruise last month, Carnival was selling books to show how they make the animals so this is what I bought my Executive Housekeeper. Let's just say that I don't think she could have been much happier unless I had physically given her money. She loved it, and she loved that I had listened when she said that she wanted to learn how to do those things.

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: