Friday, September 12, 2008

What do I want my legacy to be?

This was the question asked by Christie, who is hosting the Hot For The Holidays Contest. By the way, I lost 1.8 pounds just by cutting back on eating out and eating Special K red berries for breakfast and dinner most days.

Wow, this is kind of a tough question for me because I used to think that I wanted it to be something totally different than I think it will be now. When I was younger, I used to think that I wanted to be known for being a great mom, wife and career woman. Now that I am getting closer to 37, I have to prepare myself for the fact that the first two may not happen. While I am typically a positive thinker with help from "The Secret", I also think it's important to set other goals so that if I don't get married and have a child that I am at least prepared for the fact that it is is no longer an option. What I think I would my legacy to be now is simple... I would want people to think of me a fun loving individual who lives for the day and is comfortable taking detours if that's where life leads me. Maybe it's not in the cards for me to be a wife, maybe it's not in the cards for me to be a mother, but I am a successful career woman, an entrepreneur, a great daughter, a homeowner, and a great friend. All in all, I think I've done pretty good so far. The most important thing I would want people to remember about me is my fun loving attitude and I think I've been pretty successful at that so far. At least that's what I'm told.


If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Stopping by from HFH. Great post! Congrats on the weight loss!!

Christie O. said...

aww dena! what a beautifully written post! my heart just melted all over the place. just from knowing you on here, that is exactly what i would think of you, so you must be doing something right! :)
great job on the weightloss this week!

Tiffers said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Beautiful post.