Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My friends are going to South Beach without me

Since buying my house I've been a little short of money, mostly due to the fact that I can't sell the other home. In previous years, my 3 Libra friends would always celebrate their birthdays together and I would celebrate with them but this year that is all going to change because they are going to South Beach without me. I have work responsibilities that won't allow me to take Friday off and they are all taking Friday off to drive down Friday morning. I also won't be able to take off that day because I'm leaving for my cruise 2 weeks from then. It feels like we are really growing apart and I don't know what to do about it. They are all younger than me but in the past it wasn't a big deal, but now it seems that the age difference is starting to really "make a difference". It's not that I don't want to hang out anymore but with work responsibilities and the money situation, I just can't hang out as much as I used to. Over the past couple of months they have done little mini trips to Orlando and Jax and they haven't asked me which hurts a little, but they seem to be hanging out with a whole new crowd and not anyone that I would particularly like to hang out with. This trip is different though because it's the 1st time in 7 years that I haven't been there for the birthday.

It just hit me today that they are going to be celebrating their birthdays without me. I thought that I might drive down Friday after work but then last weekend they told me that they already have tickets to the Miami/UCF game and if I go I wouldn't have a ticket anywhere near them.

So, it looks like I will be staying home by myself. Again.



If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: