Sunday, September 21, 2008

10,000 Steps

Yesterday, I purchased a pedometer with the intention of one day getting to 10,000 steps per day. I think I did pretty well today. I walked a little over a mile at the gym plus regular walking while shopping and doing housework. 10,000 generally equates to approximately 5 miles and while that seems a little scary right now, I really think that if I make a few changes that I can achieve it one day soon.

Here are a few tips for increasing your steps according to The Walking Site.

1. Take a walk with your spouse, child, or friend
2. Walk the dog
3. Use the stairs instead of the elevator
4. Park farther from the store
5. Better yet, walk to the store
6. Get up to change the channel
7. Window shop
8. Plan a walking meeting
9. Walk over to visit a neighbor
10.Get outside to walk around the garden or do a little weeding

I am going to try to do several of them but I will concentrate on using the stairs instead of the elevator, parking farther away from the store or the hotel, window shopping, and getting out to do a little weeding. I am also going to try to take a break several times throughout the day to walk around the parking lot of the hotel or walk the floors doing inspections.


If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: