Friday, January 11, 2008

My Birthday

I celebrated my 37th birthday last Friday and I feel like I aged so much in the last year. My friends asked why I thought that was and it got me to thinking. They have sort of been giving me grief because I never seem to want to go out anymore. First of all, I don't really ever seem to have time to go out as much as I used to, I'm always tired, and I love to just sit at home and work on my websites. I guess my attitude changed around St. Patricks Day, where I went and had a little too much fun and then felt like crap the next day. I realized then that I have very little spare time and what I do have I don't want to spend it feeling that way. It's starting to feel like I have become a true computer geek, but that's ok with me. I guess I'm at that point in my life where I have decided that this is what makes me happy. I've come to the realization that I don't mind being single all that much. Sure, I wish I had a special guy in my life but I'm ok with the fact that I don't. I think the hardest thing for me was the Holidays and all of those Holiday parties where most everyone else has a date or significant other. Our Christmas Party for the Networking Group was a boat trip on Rivership Romance, it was a fun time but of course I had to sit at the Singles table and you guessed it was all women. I guess if I spent more time out of my house, I might meet some people but right now this is what makes me happy.

Til next time,
Dena