Saturday, September 19, 2009

Stress Relief

It's been a very stressful week this week with the well problems, my parents going home, work issues and general money issues so I decided that I needed some major stress relief. There are a variety of ways that I try to destress, so here we go...

#1 Spending time with friends. Last night I went out for drinks with a couple of my friends and we laughed and had a good time and I didn't think about my problems at all.
#2 Spending time at home with a good book or funny movie and Makenzee on my lap. Wednesday night I stayed at the hotel because I had no water and I left Makenzee here because I figured he would be more comfortable, but I think that was a big mistake. Even though I had a book, the fact that I was alone in the hotel room made me feel alone and gave me more time to think. If I had Makenzee with me, I would have been concentrating on him a little more and thinking about my problems less. Plus, the purring is a huge stress reliever.
#3 Exercise is by far one of the greatest stress relievers. After I finish exercising, I always feel so much clearer, I have more energy and I just feel happy. Must be the release of endorphins, but whatever it is IT WORKS.
#4 The tanning bed has proven to be a solid stress reliever for me. I don't know if it's the Vitamin D or just the fact that I get to relax and fall asleep for 12 minutes and then when I was up I just feel completely refreshed. Whatever it is, it is still one of my favorite stress relievers even though I know the tanning bed is proven to cause cancer. I figure if I'm going to die, I might as well die happy. Right?
#5 Affirmations are another great source of stress relief. I try to do a number of affirmations throughout the day and yesterday I was really concentrating on doing them and I really think that it made me feel better. "I have an abundance of money for everything that I need" "I have an abundance of money for everything that I need" lol, whatever...I think it works. "I have the love of a good man" --Still working on that one. lol

So, what are some of your favorite stress relievers?

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon ToolbarFree Twitter buttons from languageisavirus.com
twitter buttons

No comments: