Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Web Hosting for Newbies

A couple of years ago, I had heard all about how you could make money online in your spare time and I thought "wow, there must be something to that", so I decided that I wanted to do my own website. I had an idea of what I wanted, but I knew nothing about domain names or web hosting or really anything for that matter. Well, I decided to check out some online reviews and make a decision from there. What I decided to do was choose a reputable web hosting company with 24/7 support because I often find myself working online at the oddest hours. That was a decision that I could not have been more thankful for. Then I also decided that I wanted to buy a couple of premade websites that would help me get started more quickly and would ultimately increase my links as well as offer advertising opportunities. I wanted to do things the easy way, so I went to Ebay and bought a couple of inexpensive website packages complete with domain name and hosting. They were very inexpensive, some of them were as low as $9.99 a month with unlimited hosting, meaning that I could host as many domain names as I wanted under the one account. I purchased a variety of travel, traffic, and review websites that were adsense based and just started promoting. Promotion was certainly the most difficult and time consuming, but after a while I was getting advertising on my banners and things were going well. Once I got more comfortable, I put together a couple of other websites with the help of Website Tonight from GoDaddy. That just happened to be the hosting company that I chose because of the 24/7 support. If you are considering doing your own website, be sure to check out reviews and find as much information as you can before you get started. Another great option for finding news and trends would be to check out the blog at WebHostingGeeks.com. Have fun!

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon ToolbarFree Twitter buttons from languageisavirus.com
twitter buttons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I would recommend "Host Gator" for your web hosting because it's very cheap and reliable. Their support service is awesome. This company offers site building tools, application vault, web mail, antivirus, Php, MysQL ,e-commerce and hosts unlimited websites in one plan. Don't go for free web hosting.They are not reliable. Check it out here (read the User Reviews):
http://Top50WebHosting.org