Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Negative Bloggers

I remember reading a very well known bloggers site awhile back where he said that writing a negative post or one that will cause some sort of uproar is a good way to increase traffic. Somehow that didn't set well with me, so I sort of lost a little respect for that blogger. Apparently there are other bloggers out there that must also feel that being negative to others is acceptable, professional behavior. I am definitely not alone in thinking that this is completely unacceptable behavior. I was reading a post from Ben Behrouzi where he talks about Rumor Mongering, The Mob and Web 2.0’s Ugly Side. Apparently there is some sort of feud going on between Techcruch and Leapfish. I'm not going to get into any of that because it's really none of my business, but I just wonder why people are so quick to pass judgment on others. I have always tried to maintain a positive blog, mainly because I try to maintain a positive outlook on life. I have always believed that it is best to be a positive, happy person than to be a negative, grouchy biatch. Therefore, I refuse to say negative things about others in an effort to increase my traffic.


Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

MikeJ said...

I agree SunEGrl. I read a little over at TechCrunch about this and was appalled about the blatant headline by them. It was obviously an attempt at a grand headline like the National Enquirer.

I also saw the TIME magazine piece about TechCrunch saying they were quote "stick a fork in them they are done" - not sure that's quite fair either in context to your article.

Overall I agree - stop the B.S. in times like these lets not be haters lets get the economy back on track. That stuff doesn't help.

pat. said...

Hi,
I'll be visiting Florida in another week. It has changed big time since Disney started building and its competition arrived. Good for its economy.
It is all in the way something is said. For any criticism to be effective it must begin with positive constructive comments and build from there. Just ripping anything down is a negative. Smart salesmen avoid that as they aim for an image of the deal you can't pass by.
Pat.