Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Jersey Real Estate

With the economy in a slump and thousands of New Yorkers losing their jobs, I was wondering how the market was for Real Estate in New Jersey and surrounding areas. I can't imagine what the job market is like in that area because I have heard that is one of the top areas for unemployment, so I figured it might be the same way for housing.

Much as they have in other areas, New Jersey real estate prices in November declined 8.7 percent from a year earlier, the biggest drop in records going back to 1991. Since the peak in early 2007, national home prices are down 10.5%, with declines in all nine regions. For investors, this means that there are some really great deals out there. Karen who is a fellow networking group member, brings in a list every week showing homes in our area for as low as $39.00 a square foot. However, in New Jersey average home prices range from $250K to $400K. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things start turning around quickly so that people can start buying again.


Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: