Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Healthcare Reform-Can it be done?

President Elect Obama is very concerned about finding a way to provide healthcare to millions of uninsured people in America. I'm very concerned about this as well because I know first hand how hard it is to get insurance when you don't work for a company that provides it. Not only is it extremely hard to get but it's very expensive. For very basic insurance, it is $305.00 a month for me and that really only includes a few doctors visits per year and then emergency care. As a Hotel Manager, many of my jobs have not offered healthcare because we can never get 75% of our staff to enroll because they can't afford it.

I found a post about this particular topic at http://www.smallaa.com/post/1530, and here is my response.

"I think that we need to have federal healthcare similar to England and other countries. Most people can't really afford healthcare on their own, they are just lucky enough to work for good companies who pay for it. If the companies were to put their healthcare dollars into a federally funded pot, then maybe everyone could have good quality health and dental. In exchange for putting their healthcare dollars into the pot, they would get additional tax breaks."
BuyBlogReviews.com

Be sure to check out the Important Announcements section of my blog for the latest contest announcements.

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full  RSS feed.


Add to Technorati FavoritesStumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Green said...

I'm fortunate enough to have full medical and dental. I sure hope the Dems/Reps can work something out (for once!)...