Thursday, June 12, 2008

How did you get started making money online?

I get asked this question all of the time. When I tell people what I do and how much can be made, they get this skeptical look on their face like I am a crazy person or something. My online journey began about 2 1/2 years ago when I purchased my first website, yes I said purchased. I bought my site from a company that sells adsense websites on Ebay at rediculously low prices. I had no idea what I was doing, but I had been looking at other peoples websites for a couple of months and knew that in order to make money it would need to have Google Adsense, and hopefully the ability to sell banners. I purchased Vacation Tips and gave the seller my Adsense ID which he loaded into my website. He then sent me all of my login information. At first I was a little lost because it didn't come with any kind of owners manual or anything but after a few tries I was able to get my banners loaded and the website was off and running. After a few months, I was making a few cents here and a few cents there and it basically only added up to enough to pay for my web hosting. I decided to buy a couple of other websites and try to link them together and then promote the most popular ones. This worked! I was soon getting loads of traffic and finally starting to make a profit. In 2006, I started this blog and the rest is history. I didn't really start blogging heavily until last year but since then I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished. I now have 5-6 active blogs and about 20 active websites. What about you, how did you get started?

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: