Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Goals for 2008

Every year I make a New Years Resolution about something that I want to change. More often than not, they have failed days or weeks into the New Year. Why don't resolutions work? We've all done it, made lists of things we want to do or change and then we don't follow through. Why is that the norm?

It's because it's almost impossible to change behaviors without changing the belief behind the behaviors. Habits are like beliefs, they are thoughts/actions done over and over again until we no longer consciously think about it. We just do or think that way out of habit. There are beliefs behind each habit that are the energy of the action. In order to change the overall outcome, your habits/beliefs must change.

A good place to start with changing behaviors is to make a list of what you think about a certain behaviors or experiences in your life. As some of you may know, I have been reading and listening to the "The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne". The Secret says that you must Ask, Believe, and then you will Receive. I have also been reading a few other books on the Law of Attraction, so I know that it is a little more complicated than that but I strongly feel that in some ways it does really work. Since reading "The Secret" things in my life have certainly changed for the better, so I am going to try to focus my energy in more positive ways for 2008.

Below you will see that I have written down a few of goals for the upcoming year, so I will be looking forward to next year when I look back at this post and reflect.

~Daily Exercise is a must for a Healthy Lifestyle.
~Daily Food Journals are essential for Healthy Weight Loss. Remember, habits become actions so if I am writing down my food counts for the day, I will learn how to make better choices without thinking about it so much.
~My monthly web income will be well in excess of $3000 monthly by the end of 2008.

The top two goals basically relate to the same thing which is my goal to become healthier and much thinner by this time next year. I really feel that once that happens alot of other things will fall into place as well. That being said, I am looking forward to a healthy, happy New Year and I hope it is the same for all of you.

No comments: